Resources for Leadership Teams
Present Conversation Research Tools
The resources below are tools to help your Leadership Team know more about your community. Click on the blue links to go to the sites described below:
- Statistical Atlas – This resource helps you zone in to your neighborhood using U.S. Census data. The data is easily digestible through graphs.
- U.S. Census Narrative Profiles – Find text, graphs, and bar charts with social, economic, housing, and demographics from a specific county.
- U.S Census Data Profiles – Search by county for information on social, economic, housing, or demographic characteristics. All raw data is in excel-tables.
- U.S. Census – The data from the census can be categorized by topic and region. We encourage you to search by your zipcode region, and the data tables can be downloaded as files.
Is your church part of the Nashville Baptist Association, Presbytery, or the Tennessee UMC Conference?
MissionInsite is available for your church. Request your extensive report that includes graphs of demographics around a 2-mile radius of your church, and a glance at differences in the past 10-years.
- NBA Contact: 615-259-3034 to request your report.
- Presbytery of Middle Tennessee: Register here to request your report.
- TN-UMC Conference: Register to MissionInsite following the steps found here, to request your report.
Check back continously, as more research tools will be added for your Leadership Team.
AS ALWAYS, if you want more guidance or help navigating any tools, contact Shanty Luna via email or phone call.
CONTACT SHANTY HERE.
Our Story: Documenting the Process
The journeys of the churches participating with Belmont University through Project Thrive are building a collective story to answer: “What does it mean to be a thriving congregation and how do churches transition to a thriving church culture?” Over the following years, there will be Congregational Assessments, Congregational Conversations, Retreats, and more opportunities to grow in your unique sense of identity and vision. Project Thrive requires each Leadership Team to document their congregational process, so that at the end of the 5-Years, we will look back and celebrate the collective story.
Click here to download Documentation Guidelines.
Past Conversation Documentation due by January 29th, 2021